Tuesday, April 6, 2010

ash


Even darkness has a form.

I believe it looks something like:

Me.

I entered into sabotage.
again.

The weight of this burden
crushes

until my eyes begin to leak.
and

my forehead.
begins to crack.

But there is no turning back.

i crept out
perhaps.

before the metamorphosis
was complete.

wet and viscid

mouth incipient,
pushing

to bud lips.

i could not speak.
i could only crawl and creep.

you found me.
in what you thought was
the last breath.

and muffled me in
your own kind of

blanket.

until it became my
skin.

until i became
akin

to

smiling and the
convenience of
omission.

that is,

until.
that day.

when my memory began to stir,
and my lips had finally bloomed.

I crept back.
in search of where I
began.

I found my origin--
shriveled and black

almost nothing but

a stack
of unknowable
weeping

ash.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i just wanted to say i stumbled across your blog from a friend.....as an adoptive parent to 2 tra's i so appreciate your voice...........thank you for your honesty.....

keri

Mila said...

Thanks, Keri, for stopping by. And thank you for listening.