Friday, June 19, 2009

almost On Our Way


This is going to be a short and concise post.

We're on the verge of the long-anticipated departure for that other world from which I came to be...

We only have three more days until we begin our trek to Korea to meet my birth mother and birth father for the first time since my relinquishment in 1975.

I still cannot believe this is happening.

After seven years of searching and a lifetime of wandering in the darkness, I cannot even begin to express the magnitude and weight of this event.

I feel like a moron trying to elucidate such a profound and inexplicable occurrence with mere words.

I look forward to being able to share this experience with those who would listen...

Thank you everyone for your support and love...I could not face this without each and every one of you.


4 comments:

Jeff and Madeline said...

Best to you on your journey! I am so happy for you, to actually meet them.
I am sorry I haven't got a chance to email back yet, packing myself!
More soon.

Safe travels!

sherinala said...

Ohhh... the anticipation - it IS part of the journey!! I am sending you EXTRA thoughts and prayers tonight as you go out on your journey. Please remember - BREATHE. it is often forgotten in the heat of the moment. This is YOUR time. This is YOUR choice, and YOUR mending of history while creating a new history altogether. My heart is going out to you wishing I could be there with you but also knowing you will soar!

It is your time to shine - steal the spotlight and let the stage be yours! xoxo

Mei-Ling said...

It's impossible to describe with words.

I've been so all-over-the-place with my own experience that I've nearly forgotten to check your blog!

Just make sure to journal EVERYTHING.

Mia_h_n said...

My thoughts often go to you these days. Only two more days until you're off...

I know the intensity of it all can make it difficult, but I do so hope you'll be able to take it all in and enjoy it while you are there, once in a lifetime and all that :)
So yes, breathe!

Positive thoughts from Roskilde!