Tuesday, March 10, 2009

THE STATS: Yah, baby! We have reached the goal!

Oh yah! I am honored to announce with the deepest thanks & a giddy heart that due to the outpouring of gracious generosity & kindness of over 100 individuals, we have reached our goal!

I would not feel right without giving proper thanks to those who have given of their hearts, time & resources to help raise the money needed to begin this journey of a lifetime.

In the most true & literal sense, it is because of the kindness, generosity, and sacrifice of EVERY individual who has contributed that both Mike & I will be able to travel to Korea this summer to meet my birth mother & birth father for the first time.
(Note: The following list is in alphabetical order. You know who you are!)


Aimee
Angela L
Angela S
Anneil
Ayeza
Barbara
Bill & Vicki
Charles
Charlie & Melissa
Chris
Clint & Meg
Clint & Noelle
Craig
Dan
Dave & Jennifer
Dean
Donna
Doug
Edmond & Amy
Eric
Eric & Mary Anne
Evan & Sara
First Friday
Gabriel & Heather
Genevieve
Greg
Haeyoung
Il & Angelica
James
Jason & Nanyana
Jeanine
Jeanne
Jeffrey
Jeremy & Lisa
Joe & Laura
Joe & Lindsay
Joey & Debbie
John & Rachel
Joi
Jon & Amanda
Josh & Megan
Josh & Nikki
Justin C
Justin S
Kari
Karina
Karl & Chandler
Kathy
Keith & Lisa
Kera & her family
Kerry & Ginger
Kerry & Terri
Kevin & Shenita
Kim
Kristen
Kristin
Lali & Melinda
Lew & Ann
Lianne
Lorraine
Marco & Erika
Mark
Mark
Mary
Mat & Sharon
Maya
Melissa RS
Melissa SS
Melissa T
Mi Anne
Mica
Michelle
Mike & Sandra
Mike & Yvonne
Missy
Monica
Nadia
Nancy
Nick
Nikki D
Pat
Quentin & Shirley
Ramona
Rebecca
Rick & Tina
Rob
Rob & Margaret
Ruth
Ryan & Amanda
Sam & Naini
Sam & Theresa
Sandy
Sansida
Scott & Marisa
Scott & Patricia
Search Party
Seyoung
Simi
Simon & Julie
Steve
Sue
Susan
Susie
Theresa
Thomas
Tiara
Tim & Anne
Tim & Donna
Tim & Pam
Tina
Tina & Terry
Tyler
Vince & Zane
Wendy
William
Zitty


I am deeply indebted and feel a great sense of responsibility.

I.

I have been updating the stats as we receive donations to let everyone know how many people have donated, how much money has been raised, and how much remains.

It looks like pretty soon here, I won't need to update the fund-raising stats! But rather will only be updating you as to how the journey unfolds.

II. The Funds Raised

As of April 3, 2009, $8599 has been so generously donated by a total of 108 people! This leaves $401 left to raise.

Now, we only need 40 :) more people willing to donate $10 to meet the final goal of $9000!

Here's the breakdown:
  • 1st deadline: March 20th $3800
  • 2nd deadline: May 9th $4200
  • Final deadline: June 15th $1000
  • So, basically, we have raised enough to meet the first payment deadline of $3800 & the second payment deadline of $4200.
  • All we need to do now is raise $401 by the time we leave for Korea, to meet the final payment deadline of $1000 by June 15th.

But I am confident that the money will come, and I'll boarding an airplane this coming June on my way to Korea to meet my birth parents face to face!

III. New News

On April 2, two saints made very generous donations that took us from needing $800 to $401. Thank you!

We recently received another incredibly generous donation from my husband's parents on March 27th. (You know we love you and cannot thank you enough for all of your support!)

A an awesome couple whom my husband knew from high school made their second donation of 10 people's worth on March 23rd! And we just received a $20 donation from a co-worker of my husband's. Every amount is getting us closer and closer to the goal! So, thank you to everyone!

A very kind soul donated 10 people's worth on March 19! Thank you!

And very kind and thoughtful friends and friends of friends continue to make donations in the amounts of $10, $15 & $20! I am just so grateful and blown away by the kindness & willingness to give of people who barely know who I am. Thank you so much!

EVERY SINGLE donation makes a difference! It's just as the original concept of 10X900 began: with many a large task can magically become small! Find 900 people willing to donate $10, and voila--we'll be on our way to Korea! So thank you to each and every one of you who has given of your heart and resources to help my efforts to reunite with my birth parents.

The generosity and sacrifice coming from friends and family, and even strangers has been so incredibly inspiring and humbling...Please know that I feel a deep sense of gratitude and indebtedness to fulfill my part--my duty and responsibility to make sure that I honor these beautiful acts of kindness. I am indebted to each and every one of you!

IV. An Important Clarification

I also feel compelled to let people know that my husband and I are also putting money toward the trip. I have been feeling insecure that people might be thinking that we're just sitting on our laurels. But, please know that we're both working hard to raise money and are also setting aside as much as we can toward the reunion expenses. The amount raised so far includes a considerable amount that my husband and I have ourselves contributed.

V. Other Cool Fund-Raising News

As I mentioned previously, a very cool event was scheduled to take place February 19th through the 22nd called, "The Art of Giving."

It began with one beautiful painting titled, Change of Seasons, donated by Marisa herself.

But before we knew it, the auction began to take on a life of its own...and soon enough, the auction items came to include 3 gorgeous pieces of original art work, an all-inclusive 3-day vacation to Negril, Jamaica, and a gourmet "Personal Chef" dining experience for 8 people!


Absolutely amazing!

In the end, the Facebook Auction conducted by my lovely friend and artist Marisa Marinetto Creekmore raised $2040! Woo-hoo!

VI. Please Keep Talking

So please keep spreading the word.

Remember the concept is 10X900--with many, a large task can become magically small!

It began with the idea that if we could find 900 people willing to spare $10 each, then voila!--I'd be boarding a plane to meet my birth parents face to face!

Now, we only need 40 more people willing to donate $10!

So, please help make this lifelong dream come true--whether you continue to spread the word, throw out a prayer, or make a donation, every bit of support is making a difference!

VII. Thanks

I must continue to express my heartfelt gratitude to all of those kind and sacrificial souls who have donated to and supported my efforts to reunite with my birth parents! It is so inspiring and refreshing to encounter firsthand the incredible kindness and generosity of the human spirit. Even in such challenging times, it is so heart-warming to experience such loving altruism and selflessness! Thank you everyone for your love and support! I will never be able to thank you enough!

I also want to continue to express my deepest and most ebullient thanks to Marisa & Scott Creekmore, Donna Casaro Hughes, Timothy Michael & his wife Donna MacDonald, and Jeanine Tribley who donated their precious talents & resources to make "The Art of Giving" auction so successful.


And of course my equally happy and ardent thanks to the very generous bidders who participated! You know who you are! Enjoy your gorgeous art, your vacation in Jamaica and that gourmet Personal Chef experience for 8!

If you are interested in viewing art work by the artists who donated their lovely pieces, please visit the link below:

http://www.timothymichaelgallery.com/

VIII.

I continue to be incredibly inspired, hopeful and grateful!

1 comment:

Floor Lola said...

Here, were you could change the cost of all faith.Do you need spiritual help, spell caster to cure all kind of diseases pregnancy spell, financial spell, business promotion spell, ex back spell, love spell, revenge spell, lupus and many more.Then you are welcome to my herbal home. DM ??for any spiritual help, contact me on WhatsApp: +38972751056 or Email:ededetemple@gmail.com